PAC seeks Junior Telecommunications Engineer with expertise in Australian Defence Force projects
An opportunity exists to support the ADF in the delivery of the Initial Common Support Infrastructure for a Joint Project, the development of the ADF Multi Tactical Data Link Network. The position is located at the Commonwealth of Australia Offices in Fyshwick, ACT. Applicants are expected to be available in May/June 2018.
As the work is Defence related, a current ADF security clearance of NV1 is necessary prior to commencement. Candidates must be willing to travel within Australia, and will require excellent personal communication skills, both written and oral.
The remuneration package will be comparable to APS EL Level
- Assist Senior Engineer in all Engineering related tasks to ensure successful technical objectives and milestones are achieved
- Assist Senior Engineer in the management of all technical issues related to project implementation
- Develop and review Engineering Design documentation
Critical Skills Required:
- Security Clearance (NV1)
- A very good understanding of systems engineering, with desired expertise/experience in Tactical Data Link and Communication Systems
- A very good understanding of Defence Engineering System Safety requirements as they relate to project implementation
- Have 3+ years experience working within Government project experience in complex systems, communications systems, network communication and Military Tactical Data Link systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering – Electrical, Communications, Mechatronics or related field or equivalent post-graduate qualifications
Applicants should submit CV & Cover Letter addressing Key Responsibilities. This response must detail Background Knowledge, Skills and specific experience in these areas.