Technical Writers with experience in Australian Defence Force projects
Pacific Aerospace Consulting (PAC) is currently seeking expressions of interest from Technical Writers with experience in Australian Defence Force projects. In particular, Technical Writers with experience in Defence-related emerging technologies and their transition into operational service. The Technical Writer will be required to produce documents which will assist in the transition of an existing capability into service.
An opportunity exists to support the ADF in the development of the Initial Common Support Infrastructure for a Joint Project, the development of the ADF Multi Tactical Data Link Network. The position is located at the Commonwealth of Australia Offices in Fyshwick ACT. Applicants are expected to be available in April 2018.
As the work is Defence related, a current ADF security clearance of NV1 (minimum) is necessary prior to commencement. Candidates must be willing to travel within the Australia, and will require excellent personal communication skills, both written and oral.
The remuneration package will be comparable to APS Level XX
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit Operational Procedures and Manuals.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and assist with the creation of test procedures.
- Produce high-quality documentation, appropriate for its intended audience in the form of electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals where required.
- Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style and content in accordance with Defence Standards.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical documentation.
Desired Skills Required:
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of products
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and/or procedural directives for multi-disciplinary audiences
- Decision-making abilities of a high-order and ability to multi-task
Mandatory Skills Required:
- A current security clearance, or the capacity to obtain an equivalency, of Australian Government NV1 (minimum).
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, including the requirement for proper negotiation and consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercise initiative, and set and meet strict deadlines.
- Current driver’s license.